Custom Search

2008-04-17

Bypassing the Oxygen Sensor

Last night, I did a test with Zhe's Honda Civic ESi...

At first, I was giving up already because the HHO was not only doing good to the performance of the engine... it was also making the engine consume more gasoline.

I disconnected the HHO for sometime and observed how the engine is going to perform without it.

Since the spark plugs are old and wasn't replaced, the engine behaved weaker, and with apparent misfires taking place. Without HHO, engine response is slower. My right foot goes more deeper, more than halfway to get some satisfying accelerations.

Definitely, much power were lost with the HHO disconnected.

Again, I observed the engine again... analyzing where I can inject HHO without passing the oxygen sensors. I found a vacuum inlet after the sensor... I remove the hose connected to it and connected the hose from my bubbler to it.

Voila!

I found the perfect spot to connect HHO to a Civic EFi!

The Bubbler made more bubbles! The engine started easily! and with More powerful accelerations!

I drove it to Manila and back... keeping an eye on the Fuel Gauge... observing how fast it will drop.

To my surprise!... it barely moved!

It only dropped one notch when I was already back home.

I am happy now that I have conquered an EFi.

I am not after replacing gasoline with water... I am only looking for ways to save gas. Since I have no job and I have very limited lifelines... saving gasoline is a big deal for me.

I hope this blog can help you guys out there.

More Horsepower everyone! (videos to follow!)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been finding a way to bypass my O2 sensors for my electrolyzer. I do not understand when you said you found a vacuum after the O2 sensor.(?) Right after the O2 sensor in the exhaust manifold? or before or after the catalytic converter perhaps? There is not in anyway a vacuum in any place after the O2 sensor/s in the whole length of the exhaust system because obviously, everything is in positive pressure. Unless you were referring to the MAF sensor, incorrectly thinks it was called an O2 sensor perhaps? Please shed light to my skeptism. Regards!

GTO said...

There's a vacuum inlet port after the intake O2 Sensor... but I wasn't able to find the other one in on the exhaust manifold. I have put this EFI experiment on hold right now and will continue it in the coming weeks. I will keep you posted.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I see folks claiming more HHO production with a vaccuum. I think what might be going on here is the water is vaporizing (not actually more HHO) because it will boil at a much lower temp under a vaccuum, and many of these electrolysis devices get quite hot, 140+F, from the resistive load of the electrolyte. Note that water vapor injection was used in airplane engines in WWII to improve horse power.

GTO said...

Hi everyone...

I stand corrected... the sensor before the intake is the MAP Sensor... Manifold Ambient Pressure Sensor... O2 is after the head which is the exhaust manifold. But, I am not able to find it in this car.

GTO said...

The civic here is an OBD1 car and there are no O2 sensors bypassed... it is only the MAP or MAF... the O2 sensor right after the head on the exhaust manifold is a Lambda sensor with a very narrow band width, but this car doesnt have it either.

Enhancing OBD1's are a lot easier than Pre-OBD cars. The trick is, always have a regulator between the bubbler and the vacuum port intake.

And never allow too much water agitation in the bubbler... you dont need much moist or big water droplets in your air fuel mixture.

What you need is just the dry hydrogen oxygen gas.

Keep safe.

Unknown said...

It was really nice to study your post. I collect some good points here. I would like to be appreciative you with the hard work you have made in skill this is great blog. www.aadisales.in

Smoke on the water

"First they laugh at you, then they ignore you, then they fight with you, then you win." -- Ghandi

HHydrO Super 7 Now!

Off the Grid Technology

CR4 - Forum: Automotive